PARKING REFERENCES GUIDE
KEY SUMMER DATES
- Festival Season Trolley Service begins: Monday, June 17
- Fourth of July Fireworks at Heisler Park: Thursday, July 4th, 9:00 p.m.
- Sawdust and Art-A-Fair Opening Day: Friday, June 28.
- Festival of Arts Opening Day, Friday, July 5.
- Pageant of the Masters Opening Day, Sunday, July 7.
- Festival Season and Trolley Service ends: Sunday, September 1.
NEW METER RATES
- Effective Monday, June 24, 2019,
- Lots 10, 11 and 12 will increase from $3/day to $20/day, after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends and holidays. Parking at all other times will be $15 a day.
- On- and off-street downtown meter rates will adjust to $4.50/hour on Forest Avenue, Ocean Avenue, Broadway, Mermaid, Beach and Coast Highway (between Cliff Drive and Legion Street). Other meters cost $1.50/hour.
- ACT V parking lot (lot 16) will adjust to $10/day on weekend and $7/day on weekdays.
- Parking rates at Laguna Beach Community & Susi Q Center (Lot 13) will adjust $5.00 for all day parking on weekends, and weekdays after 5:00pm. Hagan Place (Lot 14) will adjust $5.00 for all day parking on weekends, and weekdays after 6:00pm. Free to Shopper permit holders during the summer festival season.
NEW HOURS OF ENFORCEMENT
- Effective Monday, June 24, 2019,
- Hours of paid parking (on- street meters and off- street parking lots) referenced above, and along Laguna Canyon Road to Canyon Acres Drive, including the Frontage Road, will extended from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. during the summer festival season.
- The courtesy time allowance will be extended from five to ten minutes.
- The existing 3-hour parking limit will be eliminated after 5 p.m.
PERIPHERAL PARKING LOTS – LOW COST AND FREE ALL DAY PARKING
- Mission Hospital (31872 Coast Hwy.): From June 29 to September 1, 200 spaces available all day on weekends and after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays. Free Parking.
- Laguna College of Art + Design (2222 Laguna Canyon Rd.): Saturdays and Sundays ONLY, from 8:00 am-12:00 am, June 29 to September 1, with FREE trolley service from the LCAD lot to ACT V. $5.00 Parking.
- Summer Breeze (Intersection of SR 133 and Laguna Canyon Road): From June 29 to September 1, Saturdays and Sundays ONLY, FREE bus service starting 11:00 a.m. to Midnight, FREE Parking.
- FREE daily trolley service available from June 17 to September 1, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Canyon Route service begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Free traffic alerts about City road closures and substantial delays are available by email or text message, 24 hours a day. Subscribe at http://www.lagunabeachcity.net/cityhall/police/emergprep/nixle.htm
- Visit Laguna Beach offers a FREE mobile app that shows the location of all City trolleys in real time. Visit Laguna Beach app is available on Apple and Android Stores.
- The Festival of Arts, Art-A-Fair and Sawdust Art Festival offer a “Passport” package for only $29 that includes entrance fees for the three festivals for the entire season plus one-time FREE parking at Lot 16-ACT V parking lot. Purchase on-site at any of the three art festivals or at lagunabeachpassport.com.
- Lot 16-ACT V will accommodate $20 Summer Festival Parking Permit holders, $30 Premier Permit holders, and will be free to vehicles with Shopper permits & Passport to The Arts coupons. Summer Festival & Premier parking permits are available for purchase at the Community Services Department starting on June 3, 2019. Only Festival/Playhouse Artists & Employees are eligible for “Premier” parking permits.
- Detailed parking information, including maps, pay rates and hours of operation can be found on the City’s homepage; to http://www.lagunabeachcity.net/parking
- Shoppers permits not valid in Lots 10, 11 & 12 or along Laguna Canyon and Laguna Canyon Frontage Roads. (Only during summer).
KEY TELEPHONE NUMBERS
- Transit Office: (949) 497-0766, Transit Supervisor Andre Chism: (949) 497-0746
- Parking & Transit Technician: Jonathan Collyer, (949) 464- 6647, Deputy Director of Public Works/Transit & Parking: Paula Faust (949) 497-0303.
- Public Works Office: (949) 497-0334.
- Community Services Administrative Assistant Patty Slowsky (949) 497-0716