Bolt Public Relations
Laguna Art-A-Fair’s Opening Day Brings Its 50th Year Of Artistry To Laguna Beach This Summer
Artists and Visitors From Around The Country Gather At Local Festival To Celebrate Fine Art
Laguna Beach, Calif. – May 4, 2016 – Laguna Art-A-Fair, Laguna Beach’s fine art summer festival, opens its doors on June 24 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 10:00am, marking its 50th year of artistry. To commemorate its 50th year in Laguna Beach, Laguna Art-A-Fair is hosting celebratory events, local collaborations with other art festivals, and much more, including:
- Golden Ticket: Any customer who spends $200+ at the Laguna Art-A-Fair sales booth from June 24th through August 13th will have a golden ticket entered into the golden box. A winner will be drawn on Aug. 13th, entrants must be present to win and the winner will receive a $500 gift certificate to Laguna Art-A-Fair to use this summer.
- July 10, 2016: A Live Art Auction and Wine event, with proceeds benefiting the prestigious Laguna College of Art + Design. Art for the auction will be donated by Laguna Art-A-Fair artists and wine will be provided by The California Fruit Wine Co.
- August 13, 2016: A Golden 50th Celebration with a gold-themed party at Laguna Art-A-Fair, where guests will dance to a live band, enjoy drinks and small bites, and have a last chance to receive a Golden Ticket before the winner is drawn at 7:00pm! Entrants must be present to win.
- August 20, 2016: A Sea Lion Sculpture painted collaboratively by Laguna Art-A-Fair artists will be viewable in progress at the Laguna Art-A-Fair grounds throughout the summer. On Aug. 20, this coveted sculpture will be paraded from the Laguna Art-A-Fair to its ‘furever’ home at Pacific Marine Mammal Center for all to enjoy.
- Adult Artist Workshops every day from 10:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- “50 Gifts for 50 Years” social media giveaway, where Laguna Art-A-Fair followers will have the chance to win Laguna Beach-themed gift baskets.
- Passport to the Arts Clock Collaboration: The three art festivals (Laguna Art-A-Fair, Festival of Arts, & Sawdust Art Festival) are collaborating on an “Art Is Timeless” project. Festival artists are creating 50 clocks that will be found throughout the city of Laguna Beach. More information on this project will be made available on the http://lagunabeachpassport.com/ website in early June.
“The artist community in Laguna Beach has been very supportive of the Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival for many years” said Mike Cahill, president of Laguna Art-A-Fair. “The celebrations are really about the residents and visitors who have come to our grounds for 50 years to see our diverse artists from all over the world.”
Laguna Art-A-Fair attendees are invited take a leisurely walk through the grounds as they enjoy artwork of all different mediums every day until August 28, 2016. The Laguna Art-A-Fair is open Sunday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Adult tickets are $7.50, with discounts available for seniors, military personnel and students. Tivoli Too! Restaurant is also conveniently located on the grounds, where lunch and dinner are served daily. Live music is featured Thursday-Sunday.
For more information about the Laguna Art-A-Fair and events, visit www.art-a-fair.com.
About Laguna Art-A-Fair
Founded in 1967, Laguna Art-A-Fair is famous for bringing artists from around the world to Laguna Beach for customers to enjoy. After many moves due to its growing size, Laguna Art-A-Fair found its forever home in 1988 at 777 Laguna Canyon Road, where it still resides today. A juried show, Laguna Art-A-Fair is unique among the local shows in that it does not have any residency restrictions, thereby drawing a geographically diverse group of artists whose work is rich in quality yet diverse in content. With 125 exhibitors each year, Laguna Art-A-Fair aims to connect every visitor with at least one artist’s work.
# # #