Receive valuable instruction from award-winning artists, learn new techniques and expand your artistic horizons in weekly class sessions
Class size is limited to six students (must be at least 16 years or age). All supplies are included, though students are encouraged to bring their own supplies if they wish, as well as a sample of their work.
Classes begin on Friday, June 29th and will include a 45 minute break for lunch. Take advantage of the restaurant’s to go menu or bring your own brown bag.
Classes will fill quickly and reservations are on a first-purchased-first-served basis. To reserve your seat and pay in advance, contact the Laguna Art-A-Fair office at 949-494-4514. If seats remain, classes may also be purchased, first-come-first-served, at the sales booth on the festival grounds beginning June 29th.
Class Times & Prices:
10:30-12:30pm and 1:15-3:15pm
2-hour session (am only) $30 each
4-hour session (am and pm) $45 each.
Workshop fees are non-refundable. Laguna Art-A-Fair is not responsible for any damages incurred during workshop participation.
Buy 5, Get 1 FREE!
Get the most out of your workshop dollars! Buy 5 workshops at the regular $45 price and get a sixth session FREE!
Offer is not transferable and may not be combined with any other discount. Offer expires August 30, 2018. Students must purchase the equivalent of 20 class hours to qualify. Sixth session must be redeemed before August 30, 2017. All sessions must be purchased by a single individual to qualify.
Reserve your classes today!
EMILEE REED –TRADITIONAL WATERCOLOR
- Protecting the white of the paper
- Keeping colors fresh
- Warm, cool & complimentary colors
- “Repeating” colors
- Techniques for using paint & tools for texture.
- Subject matter will cover still life & painting from photos
CAROL HEIMAN-GREENE – OIL
- Rules of composition
- Basic rendering
- Lean to fat oil painting
- Defining the light source
- Bounced light
- Realism in oils
- Subject matter will cover a variety of subjects, including wildlife
MAUREEN NOLEN – COLLAGE
- Elements & principles of design
- Pure collage vs. collage integrated with other mediums
- Techniques, materials & tools
- Layering & enriching the surface
- Finishing, matting & framing
- Subject matter will include simple landscapes & still life
PATRICK & CHRISTINE SULLIVAN – JEWELRY
- Wire wrapping
- Wire forming
- Hammering techniques
- Subject matter will include necklaces, bracelets & earrings
MO MCGEE – PRINTMAKING
- Printmaking without a press
- Working with different surfaces, tools & inks
- Processes that are unique
- Beyond the possibilities
- Subject matter will include monoprint-making, linoleum & etching
- Cleaning gourds
- Transferring designs
- Burning & staining
- Gold/Silver foiling
- Embellishing & sealing
BARBARA PALMER-DAVIS – ACRYLIC
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
- Working with acrylic paint
- Using the palette knife for texture
- Wet-into-wet techniques
- Adding drama with light & shadow
- Students may work from photos
- Beginners will be assisted with drawing subjects as needed
- Subject matter will include florals, land & seascapes, still life