Exhibit at Laguna Art-A-Fair Festival
1. Three original art works are required in each medium entered. Two-dimensional work must be framed, wired and ready to hang. For sculpture, each material constitutes a separate medium. Sculpture should have a suitable base for presentation.
2. Jury Day: Sunday, February 12, 2017. Deliver work between 8:00 & 11:00 am.
3. Location: Laguna Beach Boys & Girls Club at 1085 Laguna Canyon Road, Laguna Beach, CA 92651.
4. Application forms will be available at the Boys & Girls Club the morning of jurying.
5. Pick-up work between 4 and 4:30 pm on the same day. Note: there is a $10 charge for late pick-up.
5. Registration Fee: $40 per medium submitted. Cash, check or money order made payable to Laguna Art-A-Fair.
1. Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to P.O. Box 547, Laguna Beach, CA 92652 for a mail-in application or download it from the Laguna Art-A-Fair website. Mail-in applications are ONLY for mail-in submissions (CDs, email, etc.)
2. Mail-in submission deadline: January 27, 2017.
CONTACT US AT:
P.O. Box 547, Laguna Beach, CA 92652
For RULES FOR DISPLAY, FAQs and FORMS see sidebar
Laguna Art-A-Fair is a devoted group of artists working together to give art patrons the best Laguna Beach has to offer. Our goal is to enhance art appreciation and promote knowledge and enjoyment of a broad spectrum of visual arts through our summer festival and through our ongoing outreach programs.
CALL FOR ENTRIES
You are cordially invited to submit your application for the 51st annual Laguna Art-A-Fair, one of the three premier art shows held each summer in beautiful Laguna Beach, California.
Noted for high quality fine art and master crafts, this exhibit of approximately 125 artists attracts tourists and patrons from throughout California, the United States and the world.
The beautiful festival grounds are located at 777 Laguna Canyon Road, just a few blocks from downtown Laguna Beach. The 9 1/2-week show will be open June 23 through August 27, 2017. Preview Night is June 21st.
Exciting live entertainment, fine food and refreshments, demonstrations and workshops add to the festival’s appeal.
Laguna Art-A-Fair is a membership organization and an artist cooperative. As an exhibiting artist / member you will become an integral part of the show operations. Artists work a designated six-hour work shift per week and must attend a training session for the shift. There are three mandatory membership meetings throughout the year as well.
For further information, please contact us at:
To request a mail-in submission form please send a SASE to:
P.O. Box 547, Laguna Beach, CA 92652
Or download FORMS, RULES FOR DISPLAY and FAQs from the sidebar.
• Artists may submit only original work of their own design and execution. Reproductions of an artist’s original work are not eligible for jurying.
• All media may be submitted for jurying.
• Artists may jury with more than one medium.
• Three works are required of each medium submitted for jurying.
• Artists may jury artwork in person on Jury Day, Sunday, February 12, 2017 OR artists may jury by mail-in / digital submission no later than January 27, 2017.
•Applicants/Exhibitors must be 18 years or older. No commercial agents, dealers or manufacturers may enter.
A jury entry will be judged for eligibility based upon quality, originality and presentation. Anonymity is maintained during the jury process.
The jury consists of professional fine artists and master crafts-persons. They look for excellence in conception, execution and presentation, with the expectation of high levels of creativity and technical competence.
An appropriate balance for the entire show is considered when determining the number of artists invited in each medium. All decisions regarding the selection process are made by Art-A-Fair, Inc. All such decisions are final.
A non-refundable jury fee of $40 per medium (3 pieces or 3 digital images) is required for each submission. Artists with 3-dimensional work may submit up to 3 images per each piece.
Artists who have hand-delivered their work on Jury Day will be given their jury scores and Notification of Acceptance or Non-acceptance at pick-up, which is between 4:00 and 4:30 pm on Sunday, February 12th. Laguna Art-A-Fair will not be responsible for artwork left after that time and there is a $10 charge for late pick-up. Mail-in submitters will be notified in writing within two weeks after Jury Day.
A non-refundable $200 booth deposit and a $35 membership fee will be required within 30 days from all new members. Balance of booth payments are made monthly. Artists accepted on Jury Day may reserve their place in the show by paying the deposit and membership fee at that time. A packet of information explaining the General and Ground Rules will be given to each new artist participating in the 2017 show. Laguna Art-A-Fair collects a commission on all sales made during the show. Only media accepted by the jury may be exhibited during the festival.
There are approximately 125 pre-made exhibition booths. The framework, drywall and canopy are provided. Lighting must be provided by the artist. The majority of the booths consist of two walls (approx. 8’x10’ ea.) for $1315. Other sizes (subject to availability) range from $715 for a half booth, $1015 for a three-quarter booth, $1615 for a booth & a quarter, to $1915 for a booth & a half. Artists are encouraged to paint and decorate their booths to complement their artwork.